GENERAL PRETREATMENT AND AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERMANENT MAKEUP APPLICATION:
- Do not drink coffee and alcohol in the treatment day.
- Do not take medications contains salicylic acid (example: ASPIRIN, DISPIRIN) 5 days before treatment.
- Do not take blood thinners 5 days before treatment.
- If you are taking medications from the list above, please let us know.
]Follow the instruction below for 7 days after the application.
Failure to follow the above advice will result in less than desired results.
- Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers; they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
- No make-up, tinting of lashes or brows, sun exposure, soap, sauna, steam, exercise, jacuzzi, swimming, in chlorine pools or the in ocean.
- No bathing. Continue this regime until the procedure is completely healed.
- Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing; pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue.
- Use a “sun blocker” after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color.
- If you are a blood donor, you may not give blood for 1 year following your PMU application (as per RED CROSS)
- Touch up visits should be scheduled between 30-45 days post procedure. All PMU procedures are two steps process.
- Results are not determined until touches up applications are complete.
- If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering, or any other complications post procedure, stop using the product and call your technician immediately. You may be allergic to the aftercare product you are using. If you had eyeliner procedure try to not: rub, scratch or irritate your eyes.
- If you have any Questions or concerns, please notify your technician immediately.
- If you experience anything out of the ordinary, please contact your physician.
- Clients need to follow All aftercare instructions for good results of their procedure(s)
- Aloe Vera can pull the color out of some clients so we suggest that they do not use this product while they are healing.
- Remember all procedures must HEAL, PEAL and FADE! This process may take up to 10 days.
- Clients color will look must darker first 10 days as the procedure has blood and lymph in it. After the area peels, the tone will be softer.
- Do not use ANY products that contain AHA’s, Retinol A or similar lightening and peeling products in the procedure area. Example: Lactic Acids, Glycolic. (Check your product labeling and read the ingredients on the back of the bottle of product you are using). It will fade your pigment color.
- Do not use mascara for 7 days post-procedure. When you resume the use of mascara, purchase a new one, the old may have bacteria in it.
- Do not use Your eyelash curler for a few days pre and post procedure. Clean your eyelash curler with alcohol before reusing it to destroy any bacteria on it.
- Do not wear contacts for 24 hours post procedure, wear glasses.
- Do not scratch or rub your eyes.
- If You have ever had chicken pox, a fever blister or a cold sore, you must take Zovirax, Famvir or Voltarex or other anti-viral pre and post procedure to prevent the outbreak of cold sores. There are no exceptions to this rule if You do have an epidemic, it will usually occur the 3rd.
- Do not eat citrus fruits and juices, greasy, salty, oily or spicy foods until your lips are completely healed.
- While eating, do not regularly wipe your lips with a napkin or keep licking Your lips as this will impede the healing process
- Be careful when brushing your teeth. Toothpaste may pull the pigment out of the lip vermilion. Also, do not bleach your teeth while your lips are healing
- Using products with Lidocaine in them will help to smoothe the “chapped” feeling.
- Keep lips well lubricated for at least 2 weeks post procedure. (Vitamin A cream, mineral lip gloss is an excellent choice)
- After the initial healing period, apply a total sunblock that is waterproof 3-4 times daily to prevent fading (You may also use Vaseline, mineral lip gloss or Chapstick
- No smoking while lips are healing!