Plasmapen treatment helps lift and contour the face, decrease deep wrinkles and finer lines. It produces a thicker, firmer, smoother, tighter and brighter looking skin. It is suitable for lines and wrinkles, loose skin, scars, skin rejuvenation,lip enhancement, pigmentation, poor skin texture and many more.
Here at Butterfly Effect Beauty Salon we currently have the most advanced and precise Plasmapen on the market that delivers white carbon crusts on the skin rather than older more common know brown spots.
How it works?
This treatment works by ionizing gas particles in the air between its tip and the skin, to form a plasma. The solid substance is turned straight into gas. The electrical arch is visible between the tip of the device and the skin. The top layer of the skin is destroyed instantly in a safe and efficient way, producing stable and long-lasting results.
What happens during treatment?
Before the treatment begins the technician will discuss the treatment and your expectations. They will go through your consultation form before treatment will begin and you will be given clear aftercare advice. The area that is being treated will be numbed and then the treatment will begin.
The plasma will create a tiny superficial burn or ‘dot’ when the tip of the Plasma Pen is placed close to the skin. Repeated ‘dots’ are created using plasma. The skin and tissue instantly vaporize which leaves a carbon crust on the area. The surrounding skin is hardly effected.
Once the carbon crust naturally falls off, the skin will be tighter and firmer.
Results are seen immediately after treatment and continue to improve in the first two weeks while the skin heals. After that, there is further improvement with gradual regeneration of the area treated. Once fully healed results can last up to 3-5 years.
What can be treated ?
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid tightening & lifting)
- Lower Eyelids / Eye bags
- Smokers Lines Removal
- Face lifting & Excess Skin
- Acne Treatment
- Correction of Scars
- Removal of Stretch Marks
- Belly Button Lifting
- Stretch marks
- Neck area
How many treatments will be needed ?
Consultation is required.
Low intensity treatments .. 2-3 treatments are usually required
High intensity treatment .. 1-2 treatments are usually required
Pricing is available on consultation as all cases are individual.
How long will my results last ?
Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects of plasma treatment are not entirely permanent as it does not stop any further ageing. But, the positive results should last you 3-5 years depending on the area treated. The positive effects of treatment will be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, but the best results will be seen after 8-12 weeks.
For some, an additional treatment may be required for maximum results.
How can I prep my skin before treatment ?
- We recommend you avoid sun-tanning, spray-tanning, tanning injections and sunbed for 4 to 6 weeks before your treatment. Ideally, we recommend using SPF50 to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you are naturally darker skinned.
- Avoid any other type of procedure for 3-4 weeks on the same area which you intend to have treated with Plasma Pen, such as laser therapy, or chemical peels. This may prevent your treatment being performed by your clinician at the time you want it.
- Discontinue any use of topical Retin-A products a minimum of 10 days prior to treatment, and Retinol products a minimum of 3 days prior to treatment.
- Remove contact lenses and any eyelash extensions prior to treatment.
- Please allow up to ten days for healing the microdots and any swelling to subside. Optimal results will take 3 skin cycles (12-weeks).
- Peri-orbital, which includes upper and lower blephs and crows’ feet, can swell significantly post-treatment, this is temporary and part of the healing process. The treated area can feel tight and may start to itch as the skin heals. Please refrain from scratching the skin.
- It may take multiple treatments to achieve your desired result; we advise 8-12 weeks before carrying out a subsequent treatment.
- Practice good hygiene. Use a cotton tip to apply repair balm & SPF.
- We recommend you do not wear makeup in the area treated during the 7-10 day healing process because the application and/or removal of makeup could prematurely disrupt the scabs before they are ready to separate.
- Do NOT pick, rub or try to remove the microdots. Let them fall off naturally. Do your best to keep the area dry. Moisture encourages the microdots to fall off much faster, therefore, the skin will be at a greater risk of infection or hyperpigmentation. This may incur a longer healing time.
- No swimming. Do not use a sauna/steam/jacuzzi. No vigorous exercising whilst the microdots are present. We advise that you purchase some dry shampoo and wait until they fall off naturally before you wash your hair. If the microdots get wet, use a cool hairdryer on a low setting around 30-40cm from the face.
- Dry healing is the best way to encourage the body to heal; however, please use the repair balm provided if the area becomes dry, irritated or very itchy. Once the balm has been applied, it is difficult to cleanse the area without removing the microdots. Pat the area with cooled, boiled water on a lint-free cloth; however, do not attempt to wipe the area until all the microdots have fallen off naturally. Use SPF30 or above on the treated areas for a minimum of 12 weeks.